- Money market fears eased
- The Treasury and Fed both announce steps to bolster money market mutual funds. » Will tap Depression-era fund
- SEC temporarily bans short-selling What drives bubbles and crashes
- Stocks extend huge rally on government rescue plan
- North Korea preparing to restart its nuclear reactor facility
- Britain’s ‘youngest terrorist’ jailed for worldwide plot
- New Detroit mayor takes oath in wake of sex scandal
- Poll: More voters want to watch football with Obama’08 race
- Most Americans believe in guardian angels, regardless of faith
- Katie Holmes gets standing ovation at her Broadway debut
This is just more hype by a media in the tank for Obama. Nice poll. More people want to watch football with Obama than McCain. Do ya think it might have something to do with the age difference? Just where does McCain fit into the culture of cool managed by the media themselves? He doesn’t, while Obama could be a figure on any given sitcom. I don’t know if his persona is authentic or not. What I do know is that he gets on stage and reads a teleprompter with the best of them. He should have been an actor.
Anyhow, since the media has been pitting Obama against Palin for all intents and purposes, perhaps the poll should have been between those two.
- CNNMoney: Feds throw money markets a lifeline
- Obama backs bailout 2 min
- Suze Orman on bailout plan: What took so long?
- Ticker: Palin gets nixed from rally
- Obama inches ahead in national polls 45 min
- News gal looks like Palin, gets hate mail
- Navarrette: McCain-Obama Latino ad war 59 min
- Missing tot’s mom calls 911, demands help
- U.S. says bombing suspects killed 41 min
- Soldier’s family in dark on ‘non-hostile’ death
- Veteran to soldiers: ‘It’s OK to be scared’ 53 min
- State can take houses since Ike shrank beach
- Lonely Ike-surviving house owners devastated
- Time: Most say guardian angels are here
- Golf.com: Can U.S. win Ryder Cup? | Leaderboard
- Commentary: Yankee recalls doomed stadium
- People: Katie Holmes ready to hit the stage
- Longoria not preggo, ‘just fat,’ co-star says
- Anchors caught huffing oxygen in Denver
- CNN Wire: McCain urges creation of agency
In rare form, CNN gets their digs in on Palin with never a word to even make anyone imagine that there might be a tarnish on Obama’s well polished facade.
I do have to give props to the author of the article about the Spanish radio ads. He gets a lot of things not only right, but points out where the Obama ad is just plain wrong. He also writes about how Limbaugh was grievously misquoted. Limbaugh was actually reading the actual immigration laws of Mexico, not some that he made up himself.
- Government Moves to Tame Credit Crisis
- Wall Street Surges at Opening on Rescue Measures
- SEC Bans Short Selling on Financial Stocks
- Report: Ex-Rep. Foley won’t face charges in scandal
- Medvedev: Russia won’t be forced into isolation
- Some Ike victims may not be allowed to rebuild
- U.S.: Raid kills 4 Iraqi suspects, 3 women
- Boxer wakes up after two months in coma
- Newsweek: Biology may affect political beliefs
- Who sang for Obama? Take our news quiz
- Report: A-Rod, wife reach divorce settlement
- Cruise crazy for Holmes’ Broadway debut
- Microsoft pulls plug on ads starring Seinfeld and Gates
- Newsweek: Detroit seeking $25 billion bailout
The headline of the day here for me is the one asking, “Who sang for Obama?” This is mixed in with news about Rep. Foley and raids in Iraq. Sure it’s a link to a quiz. Obama is used as the lure, but just another example of the media shrouding him in a culture of cool.