• World leaders demand steps to contain global financial crisis
• Report: Freddie Mac paid $15,000 a month to McCain aide’s firm
• ‘Out of control’ dairy system led to abuse, Chinese official says
• Taro Aso prepares to take over as Japan’s new prime minister
• Poll: Voters prefer McCain on security, Obama on economy
• Finland police look at YouTube video in school shooting probe
• Researcher may have found North America’s smallest dinosaur
A headline makes the front page of Yahoo! implicating a McCain aid with a fee from Freddie Mac. Are such fees unusual? Probably not. I’m not justifying it, but how does this implicate McCain in any substantial way? What it does is just keep the buzz going that McCain in some way cannot be trusted. Why this doesn’t apply to Obama or Clinton and their hoards of shady advisers and personal friends I still can’t tell.