With eight days until the election, is John McCain closing in on Barack Obama’s lead? » One poll says yes
• U.S. to inject $125 billion into nine U.S. banks this week
• Obama leads in five key states, McCain in two
• Insurgents shoot down U.S. helicopter in central Afghanistan
• Two dead, one wounded after Arkansas university shooting
• ‘Pickens Plan’: Can natural gas replace foreign oil dependence?
• World’s heaviest man marries his longtime girlfriend in Mexico
• Dog risks his life to guard a litter of kittens from house fire
ABOUT THIS INJECTING MONEY INTO BANKS THING. NOT ONLY DO I NOT LIKE IT. IT ISN’T EITHER A CAPITALISTIC NOR FREE MARKET NOR SMALL GOVERNMENT THING TO DO. IN FACT, IT IS WHAT THE REST OF THE WORLD IS DOING WHICH TELLS ME THAT IT IS THE WRONG THING TO DO. I’M STILL BAFFLED AT OUR INSISTANCE IN RESPONDING IN SIMILAR FASION TO EUROPE. WHY WOULD OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS RESPOND IN THE SAME WAY THEIR SOCIALIST ELITE RESPOND? I THINK I JUST ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION.